Changedetection is an open-source app that lets you monitor website changes. You can automate the entire process. From simply monitoring website pages that have a change (such as watching prices, restock notification), to deep inspection such as PDF text support, JSON and XML monitoring and extensive text triggers. Here is our step-by-step guide on how you can set up website monitoring.
Watch the video tutorial for a visual demonstration.
For more comprehensive details, refer to the official tutorials.
You can monitor any website for changes. You can track changes for the entire website, or track only one page. You can also monitor for out of stock items. Here are the steps to adding website that you want to track:
- Copy the URL that you want to monitor for changes.
- Paste the URL in the empty field.
- Add the tag or label.
- Click on Watch.
- Click on Recheck to force the website check.
- Click on Diff to see website changes.
You can adjust monitoring settings for each website that you are tracking. You can edit how often you want to check for changes, where you want to receive notifications, and more. Here are the steps:
- Click Edit next to the website URL.
- Under General, you can edit the URL, title, group tag, and adjust the time between checks.
- Under Notifications, you can set up where you want to receive notifications (Discord, Telegram, Email).
- Click Save to save your preferences.
Changedetection lets you receive website changes notifications in Discord. You can receive notifications for all websites that you are tracking. Here are the steps:
- Open your Discord account and create a new server (your personal server).
- Right-click on your server and select Server Settings > Integrations.
- Click View Webhooks and then New Webhook.
- Rename the webhook and pick a channel in your server where you want to receive notifications.
- Copy the webhook URL.
- Go back to the Changedetection app and click Settings in the upper menu.
- Under Notifications, paste the webhook URL and edit the URL. Start with
- Click Send Test Notification to check if your connection is working.
- Click Save at the bottom of your screen.
- Check your Discord for notifications.