A working email configuration is required to send newsletters and account emails for new users. There are two kinds of emails and corresponding settings:
Those are used for sending newsletters. Currently only Mailgun is supported. To set up bulk emails, simply add your Mailgun (sub)domain and private API key or a domain’s Sending API key in Settings > Newsletter. More here.
Used to e.g. send a welcome email or reset a user’s password. You can use any SMTP service for this. Since we need Mailgun for bulk emails anyway, here the steps for using Mailgun:
- Log into your Mailgun control panel
- Find the domain’s SMTP Credentials tab, as described here
- Add a new SMTP user. The password will be shown in a grey box at the bottom-right
- Go back to PikaPods and open the pods settings (or add those settings in the config file via SFTP)
- Under Env Vars fill in the below details as shown here
smtp.eu.mailgun.org(for US or EU server location, as shown in SMTP Settings on Mailgun)
truewhen using port 465)
postmaster@mg.EXAMPLE.com(Or any other user you added in Mailgun. Be sure that the supplied user can send using the address given in
mail__options__auth__pass: The password shown in the grey box on Mailgun
- Now you should be able to send transactional emails. If you still get an error, check the pod’s logs in PikaPods’s control panel. It will show the detailed error.
The upstream image currently doesn’t support editing or persisting configuration files. All configuration is done via env vars. We already support many different Ghost options. If you need more added, please get in touch.
When using the default Casper theme, in rare cases the site may look broken after a pod restart. This is due to a known issue with Docker adding a broken symlink. If you experience this issue, go to Settings > Design > Change Theme and reinstall the desired theme.
You can also upload and customize your own theme via SFTP.